Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Email Success in 2016

It's called "Farming" for a reason.

image credit - flickr cjuneau

You plant the seed. You give it fertilizer, water, and sunshine - month after month. And then you wait patiently for it to grow into a healthy, nutrient-providing plant ready for harvest.

Email newsletters work the same way:

  • Meeting somebody new is planting the seed.
  • Sending them a high-quality newsletter every month (or even twice a month) via email is like providing water and sunshine.
  • Patience is required - it may take several years for the real estate need to grow.
  • The transaction is the harvest - at some point your contact will need help with a real estate transaction.

I'm not writing this to brag, but I wanted to share some of the success I've had this year with email newsletter marketing - In 2016 I worked on 5 different transactions with 4 different clients whom I hadn't seen in over a decade!

  • Client 1 - I met in graduate school in 2002 or 2003. We got along well and respected each other, but never saw each other outside of school. I've been emailing him a newsletter since 2004. He's reached out to me a couple times over the years with questions about his home's value, but it wasn't until this year that he was ready to move.
  • Client 2 - I was introduced to her through a mutual friend and ended up helping her sell her house when she moved to another state in 2006. (detailed story here.) I hadn't heard from her since then, until this year.
  • Client 3 - I worked with her in 2002-2003, back when I worked in an office during the days and was going to graduate school at nights. She called me to help sell her house in 2005, but I hadn't seen her since then. Until this year, when she needed help selling her mom's house.
  • Client 4 - I helped her buy her first home in 2004, and she called me this year to explore her options for moving.

The bottom line is this: Email Newsletters work. Give your contacts something they'll want to read, consistently - month after month, and they won't hesitate to think of you when they need real estate help.

I would be happy, and honored, to write & deliver your email newsletters for you. It's what I do.

Give me a call-text-email anytime.

And to my clients (those mentioned above and those who aren't)... THANK YOU! I appreciate your trust and truly enjoyed working with you!

- Chris Butterworth

.